HOW TO GET TO MOJÁCAR
Almería Airport is the closet to Mojácar at a distance of 95 km.
The above mentioned airport has services that offer transfer facilities to Mojácar:
- Taxi: The taxi rank is situated outside of the airport arrivals area. They offer journeys from 100 Euros (tolls and supplements not included).
- Self-drive vehicle hire: Three car rental companies (Europcar, Goldcar & Hertz) have offices situated on floor 0 of the airport.
- Bus: Although there are no bus offices in the airport, you can find various companies that offer direct or indirect transfers. Some of them allow you book on arrival however it is recommended that you pre-book in order to guarantee a seat and to save money. More information: www.flybus.com
You can also take bus 22 which has a continuous service to Almería and from there take the Alsa bus to Mojácar.
Mojácar has two bus stations that offer connections to Granada and Almería.
Some of the companies that work in this area are:
- ALSA: Regional and national connections to these cities, so if you use this means of transport you will need to buy two different tickets: one for national travel to Almería or Granada and the other for regional travel for connection from there to Mojácar. More information: www.alsa.es.
- Reserbus: This company offers the option to compare different routes and companies as well as ticket purchase for the full journey including bus transfers . More information http://www.reserbus.es/.
From the A-7 Mediterranean dual carriageway you need to take exit 520 (Los Gallardos/Turre/ Mojácar), continue to exit A-370 (Los Gallardos/ Ture/garrucha/Mojácar) and then in direction to Mojácar.
The nearest train station (Spanish National Railway Network) to Mojácar is in Almería next to the bus station. There you will find trains from the areas of Granada, Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla and Cádiz. More information: www.renfe.com
To transfer to Mojácar, the most convenient way would be to take the bus which can be found in the same area as the train station.