HOW TO GET TO PEÑISCOLA
Whichever airport you choose, to transfer to Peñiscola you need to opt for:
- Taxi: The Rank is situated on level 0.
- Travel to the respective capitals (Valencia or Reus): Taking the regular bus service to the city and from there take the bus or train to Peñíscola.
- Self-drive vehicle hire: Several companies have offices on level 0.
Peñíscola does not have a bus station itself, however there are companies that offer transport services to the town.
Some of them are:
- Avanzabus: Dispone de trayectos desde Madrid con paradas en Tarancon y Atalaya de Cañavete. More information: www.avanzabus.com
- Hife: Group of companies in the tourist sector with services from several points of the mainland. Among its services, there is the option the hire buses for groups. More information: www.hife.es
If you decide to Travel by car to Peñíscola, you need to take the AP-7 and take exit 43 to reach the N-340 road and from the CV-141 and CV-140 to the resort.
If you wish to avoid the motorway you need reach the A-7 and then take the exit to join the N-340 until exits CV-141 and CV-140 in direction Peñíscola.
In Peñíscola there is no direct train service so if you wish to travel here, you will need to use the nearest train stations.
Depending on the season in which you travel, you need to choose one of the following stations:
- Benicarló-Peñíscola station: Situated 7km from the centre of Peñiscola, it has routes from different points on the mainland thanks to the long distance journeys of RENFE (Spanish National Railway Networks). More information: www.renfe.com
In summertime from the same station, several buses offer hourly services in the direction of Peñíscola .
- Vinaroz Station: Although its distance from the centre of Peñiscola is 20km, it is a RENFE station (Spanish National Railway Network) with services all year round for both buses and taxis in direction Peñíscola.
It is a more distant however easier option, if you take into consideration the availability and frequency of the buses (every 30 minutes).