HOW TO GET TO LA MANGA
The nearest airport is Murcia-San Javier, situated 46km from La Manga.
For travel between the airport and La Manga, you can choose from several options:
- Taxi: They are located on floor 0 of the airport and the approximate price for the journey is 70Euros; increasing 30% on Sundays, Bank holidays and at night.
- Self-drive vehicle hire: Four car rental companies offer their services from their offices on level 0 of the airport.
La Manga has its own station where each day buses arrive from Cartagena and Murcia, from which buses leave daily to various points throughout the mainland.
These are some of the companies that offer travel to these destinations:
- Alsa Group (Enatcar-Ubesa): Offers many direct lines from various towns, covering most major Spanish Cities as far as Murcia. More information: www.alsa.es
- Bilman Bus: Transport company with services that connect Cantabria, Vizcaya, Álava, La Rioja, Guipúzcoa y Navarra to Teruel and the main cities of the Valencia Region and Murcia. More information: www.bilmanbus.es
To get to La Manga, you need to take connection transport from Murica/Cartegena to the town. There are options available such as self-drive vehicle hire, taxi or local bus service.
Some companies that offer regular bus services are:
- Lycar: Company that offers regular bus services for the Murcia Region. Departures every hour from Murcia. Dispone de salidas cada hora desde Murcia. More information: www.lycar.es
- Alsa: Offers local bus services that cover the areas of Murcia and Cartagena, giving the option from the latter to a direct line (number 20) to La Manga. More information: www.cartagena.es
Access to La Manga by road is by the AP7, taking exit 800 in the direction towards La Manga and following the signs until you reach the resort.
The town is characterised by having a main road that runs from the north to the south (La Gran Vía de La Manga) which allows an easy commute to anywhere in the area.
The nearest train station RENFE (Spanish National Railway Network) is situated 33km away in Cartagena. More Information: www.renfe.com
Once there, you can take local bus number 20 to reach La Manga, hire a car at the station or take a taxi from outside the station.