HOW TO GET TO ORIHUELA COSTA
Orihuela does not have an airport. The nearest airport to Orihuela is Murcia-San Javier situated 25km away.
There are two options to travel to the Orihuela Coast:
- Taxi: Situated on floor 0 of the airport. The fare is approximately 60 euros. (supplements and extras not included).
- Self-drive vehicle hire: There a four companies (Centautro, Europcar, Firefly and Goldcar Rental) that have services on floor 0 of the airport.
The nearest bus station to the Orihuela Coast is situated 12km away at Torrevieja.
From the bus station there are services to and from various towns. Some of the companies that offer services in this area are:
- ALSA: Offers regional routes that span the Levante area, as well as national routes direct to Torrevieja. More information: www.alsa.es
- Costa Azul Group: With regular services between Alicante and Cartagena throughout the coastal area. More information: costazul.net
- Reserbus: Comparison of different routes, prices and companies with the option to purchase tickets. More information: www.reserbus.es
Once at Torrevieja station, there is a bus available (Torrevieja-Pilar de Horadada) which although has only two departures a day, connects the beaches of Orihuela.
The alternative to taking the bus is to take a taxi. The nearest rank is at the bus station.
If you are arriving by the AP-7, you need to take exit 763 (La Zenia/Urbanisations). If you take the non-toll road N-332 road, you need to take the exit in direction Playa Flamenca in order to reach the resort.
35 km in Orihuela, you can find the nearest RENFE station. From there several routes from different points of the mainland arrive daily. More information: www.renfe.com
The transfer from this station to Orihuela coast is very easy as the station joins the train and bus stops (Intermodal Station) and has a taxi rank nearby.